Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Which Our Heroine Appreciates The Blonde



Today is the third day of Author Appreciation Week (created by the awesome Heidi R. Kling), and for today's post I'll be talking about the blonde. And I'm sure there are a lot of blonde writers out there, but I'm specifically talking about one.

Sometimes, I call her Tall, Blonde and Handsome, but mostly she's known around the world as S.J. Maas.

Yes, that's right -- around the world.

And she's not even published by a house (yet).



S.J. Maas (or Sarah J. Maas) is a twenty-four-year-old author, whose epic fantasy YA trilogy, QUEEN OF GLASS, is on submissions to editors now. She wrote the trilogy when she was sixteen-years-old and posted it online. It gained a 1,000+ fan base and she has fans from all over the world including, but not limited to, the United States, Canada, the Philippines, and South Africa.

She began querying agents in 2008 and landed one in January of 2009. Between writing and rewriting and revising her trilogy, she wrote four other books. She also got an adorable puppy, who I call "puppy" even though it has a name. And she got engaged.

But to me, Sarah is more than an author I appreciate and admire and I know will take the world (that she hasn't already taken) by storm. She's a friend. I e-mailed her in 2008 to tell her QoG inspired me to write (when I really wanted to tell that at 13 I hated her because she had like 6000+ reviews on her story and I had 1), and somehow it formed into a friendship. She puts up with my crazy e-mails and my whining. Occasionally, we send each other packages. Sarah has helped me though crazy amounts of stuff and I can't thank her enough for it. I appreciate that she puts up with me and that she allows me to be a part of her life. I appreciate that she is willing to listen to me babble on and on about things I worry about and reassure me about things. I appreciate that she wrote during college and understands the struggle between going out or staying in and writing. I am so grateful that Sarah is a part of my life. <3

If you haven't heard of her, please go check out her blog. :-)

3 comments:

  1. wow i love you a little more every time i stop by your blog.
    i need to stop stopping by your blog.
    seriously.
    this is a problem.

    LOVE YOU. (see! see the problem?!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahereh, I don't see any problem with loving me a little bit more every time you stop by my blog. Maybe I'll write a blog post about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete