Monday, March 29, 2010

In Which Our Heroine Expresses Her Love for T.H. Mafi

So once upon a time, I stumbled onto Twitter stalked Victoria Schwab's Twitter (sorry, Victoria) and saw that she was excited about some girl she was tweeting (conversing?) with on Twitter. So I went to this girl's Twitter and found out it was T.H. Mafi , whoever that was. I saw she was repped by Amy Tipton (also Victoria's agent), but since I didn't know her I thought it'd be sketchy to say, "Hi! Congrats!" So I went along with life.

Then a week or two later, her blog came into being and I clicked on it. I am such a stalker. I found her blog entry to be really funny. As in really, REALLY funny. I was dying to know what got her Amy. Or how Amy came to be her agent. I nagged. T. H. Mafi (whose real name I will not dispense here, but her first name is totally Tahereh), who said she'd think about telling me. THINK ABOUT TELLING ME? So I nagged her some more. Then I followed her on Twitter. Then I read her blog some more and giggled.

One day, Tahereh wrote a blog entry about how writers were all wonderful. And I was having a sad day. I was writing Novel/WIP and I was thinking it was weird to be this excited about a novel and how well I was writing it and how clearly this was messed up and it was a dream and I was seriously, seriously awful. (Talk about a run-on sentence.) I read her blog, and laughed. Then I cried. It was something I needed at that very moment and Tahereh gave it to me.

Tahereh's blog is so funny that I get tears in my eyes every time I read it. Because I am laughing so hard. Please go read today's post. It is her query! FINALLY! I nagged and nagged until she finally did it. :D Her book sounds so great -- funny and unusual.

P.S. Once Tahereh came to my area of the world and we tried to meet up. Like really tried. But someone had conferences to go to and a short trip here and it didn't work out. I may have sniffled about this. My roommate looked at me weird. But I am vowing to meet her for real one day. Because I'm betting she is as funny in real life as she is on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. *SOBBING*

    *SOBBING!!!!!!!!!!!!*

    i definitely had no idea how much i loved you.

    i would like to put you in my pocket.

    (i really shouldn't be sniffling at work.)

    thank you. seriously. you're far too sweet.
    (and a very good liar.) (hehe)

    I <3333333333333 YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahereh is HYSTERICAL.

    We are blessed to have her in our internet midst :p

    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete