Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In Which Our Heroine Says Adios

So I have decided to leave blogspot. Love the friends I've made here, but dual-blogging is not good for me. You can stalk me here from now on: www.livejournal.com/users/seeyouupside

However, before I go, I'm leaving you with a poem I wrote for Creative Writing:


It is fairy dust that guides me in
and leads me away into the garden of words and wisdom
bright colors light up the sky and I spin until I’m dizzy and my head aches
Though your words are magic, floating around your lips like cigarette smoke
I still see Los Angeles and drunk crowds of girls
their shirts too tight and their skirts too hiked up

It is the fairy-folk that seduce them
Glittering eyes and invisible wings
their lips taste like fire, delicious to the soul, burnt to a crisp
my head is pounding when we walk into the club and
music bounces off one ear and out the other
you say its usual
I don’t believe you

One of them - their eyes dolled up in silver eyeshadow
Makes a pass at me and I may have felt myself blush like a school girl
cooties are one thing, this is another
Leading me, fingers entwined like branches
I am a tree, stable, but not tonight

Tonight I am someone else
not sure who she is or who I am
but she is full of life and smiles and arms outstretched like
she owns the world
Gold glitter falls on top of her like autumn leaves in a pile waiting to be picked up
no one picks me up

I am on the floor breathing
Fairy faces lean in towards me and I know
I know this is the end as I know it
their lips graze mine
kisses like juice of fruit spilling down my chin

5 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    *SOBS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad face.

    It's a great poem, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the line about words floating around the lips like cigarette smoke. Great imagery!

    ReplyDelete